I love mint. I love peppermint tea, mint chocolate bars and Creme de Menthe drinks when I feel like splurging. I saw a recipe for a Creme de Menthe cheesecake in a recipe book that my mother had given me ages ago. I decided to alter it by changing the recipe into Creme de Menthe Cheesecake Cups. I had to change the instructions a lot since the original recipe called to use the microwave for everything. These are quite rich tasting, I think the recipe makes much better cups than a full cheesecake.
With St. Patrick’s Day coming up in less than a month on March 17th 2014, I thought this would be a perfect recipe to share with you all. It has alcohol in it and it is even green! What more could you want? Oh ya, it tastes good too!
Remember, this dessert does have alcohol in it so it is not intended for children to eat.
You can serve it alone or with chocolate sour cream sauce on top.
Recipe inspired by Creme de Menthe Cheesecake in the Company’s Coming – Most Loved Treats cookbook.
- 1¼ cups Oreo chocolate crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 packages of cream cheese (250 g each)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Creme de Menthe
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sour cream
- Place 12 cupcake liners into a muffin tin
- Spray inside of liners with cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Melt butter and mix with crumbs
- Press into lined muffin tins
- Bake crusts for 10 minutes
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add egg and mix, one at a time
- Add Creme de Menthe and beat well
- Pour ⅓ cup of filling on top of each crust
- Shake muffin tin gently to settle the filling
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes
- Remove paper liners and top with chocolate sauce if desired
- For chocolate sauce place chocolate chips in microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high
- Stir well, add sour cream and mix thoroughly
Do you normally attend any St. Patrick’s Day parties?
If you go this year, these Creme de Menthe Cheesecake Cups would make an excellent dessert to bring.